Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Falling a little behind lately as it's been the month of traveling around interviewing and not having enough time to make any art. This coming month is going to be just as crazy as I'm starting to pack since I'm moving. I should have something soon though...I'm taking another painting class and will finish up in a week or two.

Here's an older piece though....
Medium: Oil Paints on Masonite       Size: 24 x 36

This picture is one of my first oil landscape paintings that I did in my first oil painting class.  There is a lot of artistic license taken on this image.  The original painting, which was mostly wiped away had the hill on the left going the entire way across the picture. 

The original concept drawings were done at Clearcreek State Park near Siegel, PA.  This park is down between two mountains and the river winds between them, but my teacher felt the the image was boring and wanted me to open it up and change my painting to include more sky and distant hills and mountains. 

No comments: