Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cupcake update - Starting over the Black Screen


So after some issues with the way that the original screen looked I decided to start over.  On the left are my tools.....dip pen, drawing fluid and paint brush - One the right is the finished drawing fluid version of the cupcake.

I have currently filled the screen with screen filler and it is in the process of drying.  Should have it washed out soon.

UPDATE:  Right at the end of filling in the screen I accidentally dropped some screen filler into one of the washed out areas.  I tried wiping it out with lots of water and got "most" of it, but when I printed it there were marks where the ink didn't go through (see below).  Time to start over.



2ND UPDATE:  This project is starting to wear me down.  I filled the screen for a third time today and noticed while cleaning my scooper that it looked like there was drawing fluid along the edge.  Turns out that there was.  The humidity must be keeping it somewhat moist.  It was dry to the touch and not even tacky when I put the screen filler in.  After washing out the screen I have large areas of screen filler in what should be my black line areas.  I have to start again.  Washing out the screen now.  I may need to take some time away from this one until the humidity drops and then try again.


No comments: