Sunday, January 13, 2019

New Ice Cream updates...I'm going to get this thing done one way or another!

Ice Cream - 20x16" (2nd Attempt)
So it's been a while since my last post and I always mean well and want to update this as much as possible, but with the holidays that just past which includes spending time figuring out gifts, buying gifts, spending time my wife and family, going to work and eeking out time to work on art...it's been difficult for me to get back to update this.

Anyhow, I hope everyones holidays and New Years went well.

Since my last update at the beginning of December, I have continued working on my various Ice Cream prints.  The original attempt that I tried is no longer in production.  The time that I was needing to invest in doing 3 versions of the Ice Cream was turning out to be just too much.  I still wasn't happy with it's progress and finally decided to call it quits on that piece.

The second attempt though is still being moved forward with.  The colors are a little out there, but I'm fairly happy with how it looks so far.  The picture above and the ones below are it's current stage.  I printed the first pink....light reddish color a couple weeks back.  Unfortunately, since I printed that piece I have only found the time to carve the block and not the time to print.  Hopefully I'll be able to move forward with the light grey that is to come next .
 

Here's a quick look at the current progress for the 3rd iteration of the Ice Cream print.

So far I'm two colors in...a very, very light yellow that is almost impossible to discern from the white paper and then a light yellow second layer which I just printed this past Saturday.  I promise to show a little more on my next update (which I will try to publish in the next couple days).

 
Color 2                              Color 1

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #reliefprint #IceCream #neon #sign #Disney #CaliforniaAdventure #yellow #testing #printingprocess


No comments: