Monday, June 22, 2015

Slow work.....

I'm still working on art, but things have slowed down over the last week.  Had to have some work done to one of the walls in the studio and due to the dust that's going to be created I've slowed down my art making.

I did create a new 4x6 Amur Tiger linoleum block that is carved and ready to print.  (Waiting til the wall is finished so that the dust doesn't settle onto the ink)

I'm also working on a new registration jig that will fit the Oaks Theater block.  My current one is too small (works best for 4x6 and 5x7) so my new one will work better with 6x8, 8x10 and 9x12's.  I've glued it together and now I just need to get some longer screws and drill out the peg holes.

I also did touch up work on the black outline screen for my cupcake screenprint.  I'll look at it again tomorrow morning to see if I missed any areas.  I'm trying to get some of the small errors that occurred during my hand application of the drawing fluid to the screen.  Since the drawing fluid is applied via a paintbrush I sometimes make little dips in and bumps in the designs outlines.

Also working a lot on the computer by editing and cropping photos for newer projects.  I've been wanting to try a more urban themed linocut.  So I've been looking through my pics of Pittsburgh and the other various citites that I've visited looking for just the right types of pics.

I'm ready to get back to consistent work

No comments: