Thursday, December 10, 2015

Oaks Theater update - Light Bulb shadow




The 2nd yellow color finally dried up the other day and it allowed me the chance to print the shadow color of the light bulbs.  The light bulbs are a bright yellow and because of the shadow they turn out more orange.

I used the same yellow that I used on the previous step and simply added red to it.  I wanted to have an orange that was similar in value to the yellow so I simply gathered up my left over ink and stored it inside a small envelope made of aluminum foil until I was ready.


Here is a detail of the bulb highlights and the shadow color.  I'm excited to print the next dark grey color which will cover up anything that isn't light bulb.  If everything goes correctly I should only have 2 more colors to print, though I have a feeling that my sky blue will need to be printed twice.


No comments: