Friday, January 8, 2016

Oaks Update - Sky printed


Finally got around to printing the sky last night for the Oaks Theater print.  I'm not a big fan of printing such a tiny section, but sometimes it's a little bit easier when you don't have a large brayer to apply the ink with.

Some of the ink on the first couple prints didn't apply as well as I would have liked so I'm going to hold off carving this one until the ink dries and I can reapply it to those first couple prints.  So hopefully in about 2 weeks I'll be printing the second to last color on this print.

I do have other blocks that are prepared to print including Zion National Park and Heinz Field.  Both of which need have the first color printed for both and if I'm not mistaken they are both light gray.

#Art #Printmaking #Pittsburgh #OaksTheater #Oakmont #Theater #Reductionprint #Linocut

No comments: