Thursday, January 28, 2016

Oaks Theater update! Dark Grey and 1 to go.


Oaks Theater - 8x10 reduction linocut

Here is the next stage of development for the Oaks Theater print.  I printed the dark grey today with is mostly shadows.  Glad that this print is really moving along.  I'm considered re-printing the dark grey a second time as the coverage was not prefect on some.  You can see the lack of coverage around the "K" on the one above.  It's a little spotty.  They are literally pin holes, but they are showing up.

The image to the right is my test print.  Originally it was supposed to be part of the series, but after a really bad printing I decided that I would use it to test subsequent colors on it.  Every color except the dark grey was printed on it.  You can see the grey swatches on the right part of the image though.  As I mixed my inks I would test them to see how they looked against color they would be contrasting against.

One color to go. =)


No comments: