Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Diner printed and a new project started!


So after purchasing some new ink and hoping for the best with the yellow, I finally got to use my new press for the first time the other night.  I was very excited to actually get to use the press and can't wait to really get things rolling.  Above is the current printed color for the Diner print and I'm currently involved in carving away the yellow areas which is a little more tedious than I hoped, but I caught some areas that I probably would have missed which is good.


Shortly after printing the first color and cleaning off the linoleum, I grabbed my carving tools and got started working.  I really hope that I'll be able to print this coming Thursday, but that will all depend on whether or not the ink dries enough.

 

My progress so far has been pretty good and carving shouldn't take too much longer I think.  Maybe another hour or so of straight carving and I should be ready to print.

If not....then I can always finish the tracing portion of the La Rose Shop which is located in my hometown of Greensburg, PA.  This sign probably hasn't seen actual use in a couple decades and the building that it adorns is currently under renovation and I'm really, really hoping that the sign also gets fixed up and lit up again.


Either way...whether I get to print or not, I'll still have some kind of work to do on Thursday.  Feels good to get things moving again.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #Diner #Yellow #carving #SummitDiner #SomersetPA #LaRoseShop #GreensburgPA #neon #sign #tracing






No comments: