Thursday, June 29, 2017

Neon B - Utah Landscape update


Today I printed the next color on my neon "B" reduction linocut.  So far I've had 4 different versions of yellow printed.  Even the shadow on the neon tubing is a very warm yellow....it almost appears orange, but it's not.

Todays color was the shadow thrown by the neon tubing on the light yellow "B" lettering on the sign itself.  Other than those hiccups from the last printing, these prints are registering very well with very, very little deviation.  I'm very happy so far with the progress this print has been making and should be printing the next color very soon.

The color I used for this layer is actually a version of the color I just printed for the Utah landscape that I have in the works.  I found that by adding some Sepia to the yellow I could dull it down into more of a Yellow Ochre styled color (which is what I did on the landscape).  For this particular color, I added less Sepia than I did previously and got a very nice shadow color.

I'm also starting to advance on another 3x3 mini print, but find that I'm not all that fond of the image yet.  It's another landscape that has a lot more detail than the Utah landscape and it's a bit tough to identify areas on a 3x3 inch square so I'm starting to take small personal liberties with the image.

I've also been slowly carving away the Utah landscape lino.  Below is my current progress.  I'm really hoping that this works out.  I've seen so many fantastic linocuts of landscapes with grasses in them that I really, really want this to turn out.  I will say that if it doesn't then at least I've gained the "what-not-to-do" experience.  This one is almost complete and printing should begin once I get some free time, but with the American July 4th holiday around the corner - my work should be nice and busy.


Until next time!  Have a nice day/night.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #landscape #neon #linoprint #reliefprint #intaglio #B #yellow #carving #printing #printingprocesses #fineartprints


No comments: