Tuesday, July 11, 2017

B carving and the beginning of a new piece!


Hi everyone!

I have had a fairly productive week and though I have a good bit of stuff to update, I also have other things around the house that I need to get done tonight.  My first part of this update is that the "B" is carved and ready to be printed.  I'm hoping that I'll have some time tomorrow to print.  I only have two colors remaining on this print....red and shadow red.  It's always a good feeling when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel for a piece that you've been working on.



Next up is a new piece that I'm starting which is a neon "a".  The "a" actually comes from a previously failed piece that I had been working on.  About a year ago I was working on a print of the Las Vegas Harley Davidson Cafe sign (in Las Vegas obviously).


Here is a photo of the failed piece.  If you look closely you can see that the ink was not adhering to the previous layer of ink...or something...I was never able to figure out what went wrong, but I do believe it had to do with some older yellow ink that I was using.

I really loved how that piece was turning out and I'm currently working it into a larger piece as well...the one above was 9x12 and the current is 16x20 (if I remember correctly).  I also really liked how the "a" in this piece looked so I decided to blow it up into a 10x10" reduction.  I'm currently in the progress of tracing over the pencil lines with Sharpie marker and if time permits I should be finished inking it up and carving by Saturday.


Here is the current progress on the new neon "a" print.

Have a wonderful day/night and I'll update with more new pictures and info hopefully in another couple days.

#art #printmaking #linocut #linoprint #lino #reductionlinocut #neon #signs #printingprocess #carving #newprojects


No comments: