Thursday, September 21, 2017

I'M BACK!! And I've gotten a little bit done...


So I've been back from vacation for a little under two weeks and was very excited to get back into the groove.  I'm really pushing to get this La Rose Shop piece done.  The image on the left I did the day after I got back from vacation and I just printed the image on the right yesterday.  The colors weren't initially what I was thinking, but they are starting to grow on me slightly.

A part of me really wishes I had just done a flat color on both sides of the sign rather than the bricks, but...it's too late now.  I have a color that will print over a couple of the bricks and then I can print the color for the letters, the sky and the shadow for the neon tubing that is cast onto the letters.

So only 3 colors to go before this piece is finished.


This is the current state of the block as of yesterday while printing.  I have currently carved a good portion of the inked area away.  I did leave a part of the left hand side of the block in place so that it could bump up against my registration setup.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #lino #linoprint #reliefprinting #laroseshop #greensburg #pa #neon #retrosignage #neonsign

No comments: