Wednesday, August 30, 2017

I've waited almost 3 years for this....


So it's been a while since my last post.  I'm slowly...and I do mean slowly, carving away the brick areas on the La Rose Shop piece.  I'm also preparing a couple new pieces and bought some additional paper a couple days ago to start printing those pieces.

Art for me lately has been pushed to the side as I've been focusing on getting ready for a vacation that I've been planning and saving for for the last 3 years.  Getting ready includes cleaning the house, making sure that my wife and I have everything that we could possibly need and the beginning of packing.  I usually wait for the last couple days before to start this process, but this time I want everything ready for when my wife gets off work this Sunday.

It's her first time to California and will be only my second.  My last time was back in 2001 (if I remember correctly) and there is very little that I remember.  I had gone out for an animation convention in hopes of securing a job as an animator.  The trip, though fun, really was a smack in the face when it came to learning about the profession I had chosen to follow.  Even though a couple interviews had occurred during that week nothing ever came of them and my life continued on.

Fast forward almost 17 years and I'm ready to go see it all again.  The only things remaining from the last trip are a single Disney California Adventure postcard and a Disneyland tee shirt.  I have no photos....no nothing.  So this time, I'm going to make sure that I get a whole lot of everything.  Very excited.  This will probably be my last post until I return mid-September.

Very excited.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #linoprint #reductionlinocut #LaRoseShop #Greensburg #PA #carving #process #vacation #california #hereicome

No comments: