Monday, August 14, 2017

La Rose Shop - Back at it again!

 
Pictures of the block and printed image.

Wound up having to take today off unexpectedly due to some car issues for my wife.  It took most of the morning to get the car towed and fixed and when I finally got home I decided that I was going to do something with this piece.

I mixed up a yellow ochre like color with some Hansa Yellow and Sepia and printed a new brick color for this piece.  The bricks are a light tan color, but since this piece isn't working out as expected and there is very little to no contrast I've decided to press on with some vibrant colors.

I like the look of the layout for this piece, but unfortunately the neon tubes are so small that they are actually difficult to discern again the light yellow background.  Hoping that with some additional colors this piece will start to come together.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #linoprint #reductionlinocut #printingprocess #yellowochre #LaRoseShop #Greensburg #PA #neon #retroroadside #vintageneon #oldroadsigns

No comments: