Saturday, April 18, 2020

Pluto's - NEW(ish)

   
Pluto's - 15x32"

Hello again!  During my silence I also started a new larger Pluto's piece.  The previous was somewhere around 7x14", but it was only ever meant as a test print.  The smaller size left little room for detail and I needed to start the larger piece for an upcoming exhibition so I semi-abandoned the smaller version for the moment and I've been really focusing on this piece almost entirely. 
  
 

These are the first six steps for this piece.  Next up is green...which I'm hoping will really help to start defining the final piece.  There is somewhere around 6 or 7 colors remaining.  I was initially really pushing to have this completed by June 1st, but unfortunately the exhibition that I was going to submit this piece for has been cancelled due to the coronavirus.

Actually....a couple shows I was going to submit to have been cancelled....bah.

Anyhow, as I said, green is next and will be printed tomorrow morning.  I may also attempt to print the sky blue at the same time, but we'll have to see how I'm feeling tomorrow.  Have a nice evening.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #lightandshadow #neon #disney #pluto #disneyhollywoodstudios #florida #wdw #ilovedisney

No comments: