Thursday, July 23, 2020

Porsche Spyder - Reduction Linocut - Finished!!


 
Spyder - 12x16" - 7 Color Reduction Linocut

Somehow in all the craziness of this year I forgot to post the final product of my Hot Wheels die-cast car inspired "Spyder".  I had anticipated a 6 to 7 color final piece and it did indeed turn out to be 7 colors.

It was a nice change of pace to the type of artwork that I had been focusing on.  I really have been wanting to expand my subject matters and had a fun time working on the two Hot Wheels inspired pieces that I've done.  Each one bringing it's own set of challenges and exciting finishes.  Though I currently don't have anymore Hot Wheels linocuts in the production pipeline...you never know what the future will hold.  =)


Second to last stage. - Darkest Red printing

 
Detail from the front of the car

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #spyder #hotwheels #porsche #diecast #toys #childhood #artwork #wip


No comments: