Friday, July 7, 2023

Bass Harbor Lighthouse and a lack of self promotion....


Bass Harbor Lighthouse - 3x3 mini reduction print

I guess moving into and working on a house and working a lot of overtime at work really cuts into my own self-promotion time.  During the past year I've worked more than I ever have as I've attempted to save money for some house projects as well as for paying off my car early.

I've still been busy (when I have the time) working on additional projects.  Over the course of the next month I've decided that I will add these projects and some background on them.

The mini 3x3 inch linocut above is an 8/9 color reduction linocut that I produced for a New York based printshop exhibition.  It is based off of a photo I took of the Bass Harbor Lighthouse while on vacation a couple years back.  It is part of Acadia National Park in the state of Maine (USA).  As of that time, this piece was the most difficult miniature reduction print that I had ever done.  


This is a secondary version of the same image that I am currently working on.  While we were at this lighthouse we watched the sunset over the Atlantic...an odd moment for me as I've only experienced the sun set over the Pacific.  The colors of the skies and glow produced by the setting sun made me want to create a piece that captured that essence as well.  The light orange is actually a color that I'm really unsure of at the moment and I'm considering reprinting it as a darker hue.

#art #printmaking #linocut #print #linoprint #reductionlinocut #lighthouse #BassHarbor #Acadia #NationalPark #Maine #lightandshadow #vacationideas

No comments: