Saturday, July 22, 2023

Green Street - 15x29" Reduction Linocut

Green Street - 15x29" - 26 color reduction linocut - Edition: 3 (1AP)

Recently I completed this artwork and thankfully got it completed in time for submission into the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts.

The subject matter is the intersection of Guthrie and Green Street.  I used to live a couple houses down from the intersection and this was the view from my front porch.  The sunshine on the row of houses always seemed to stand out to me probably because of the different colors of the houses and the shadows.

I previously attempted this piece as an 8x10" reduction, but due to the size I had a difficult time getting the amount of detail I wanted.

This is the previous version I attempted and failed at.  It was my first attempt at houses and overall it's not actually all that bad, but I also had a secondary issue that as I was printing and cleaning the lino block off....the drawing faded to a point that I actually could not continue.

Below are a few of the process photos I took during the making of Green Street.  Usually, I like to print a single color at a time, but due to time constraints I was generally printing between 3 to 5 colors at a time.

 

 

 

I was happy with the outcome of this piece and the final piece itself.  The actual edition itself is out of 3, plus a singular artist proof.  

#art #printmaking #print #linocut #reductionlinocut #lightandshadow #neighborhood #reliefprint #houses #greenstreet #printingprocess















No comments: