Sunday, April 16, 2017

La Rose Shop - 2nd color printed


Printed the 2nd color for the La Rose Shop linocut on Thursday.  The second color is a light yellow so the excitement here is pretty muted since the contrast between the grey and yellow is not very noticeable.

The most noticeable area is at the bottom left and top right.  In the middle, very lightly is are the neon tubes as well as some brick work down the left hand side.  As I print the next couple colors, these areas should really start to pop more.


Here is a larger detail shot that shows the bricking and a couple of the letters.

 

Here are also two shots of the carving process as I'm now removing the light yellow area.  The image on the left shows the carving around the letters.  I use a small V-gouge to trace/carve around the letters and then go back in with a larger U-gouge to remove the large areas around them.  Though I've carved around the shop, I find myself currently working up to the top at the moment.  There is a decent amount of carving between the letters, neon tubes and shadows so for some reason I've become drawn to those areas.

I have a couple other projects I hope to get printed this coming week and they'll probably get printed before I'm even capable of finishing the carving here.  We'll see though....it would be nice to get 3 projects printed and this one carved and printed.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #linoprint #reductionlinocut #LaRoseShop #neon #sign #Greensburg #PA #swpa #vintageroadsign #vintageneon



No comments: