Saturday, April 29, 2017

"B" and La Rose updates!


I really wanted to get to this update as quickly as possible instead of waiting for an entire week to put it up.  Here is the second printing of the neon B.  I made a small carving error and since I had no easy direction to go I decided to move forward and somewhat backwards with my printing.

I'll wait until it's completion to inform you of the error and may actually print a lighter color (white) next in an attempt to fix what I've done.  If you've done this kind of work before it may be simple to figure out the error, but so far so good with what I've done.  The next color may be a make or break stage for this piece.  Registration though is dead on, which is great.


I also printed the La Rose Shop this morning in a light green.  These colors (light grey, light yellow and light green) are not exciting me very much.  They are all very muted and now I'm worried that perhaps I've gone to light on the color pallet.

It is nice to actually get some definition to the print and the color proof that I pulled before printing actually looks very nice in my opinion.  I still need to take a picture of the proof which I will edit into this post later.  I do have some other things that I have to take of today so I hope you all are having a great day!

#art #printmaking #linocut #linoprint #lino #reductionlinocut #neon #B #lightyellow #lightgreen #LAROSESHOP #Greensburg #PA #Buca #Pittsburgh


No comments: