Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Getting ready for some printing


I have some time tomorrow to do some more printing and I've got my ink and desktop both ready to hit the ground running when I wake up.

I've carved both of the mini prints to the next step.  This is the final color for the Shake Shack print and second to last for the neon "M".  I've also got my paper prepared for the Utah landscape that I started a little while back and also think I may be ready for printing of the La Rose Shop.

After printing the last color of the La Rose Shop, I wasn't really sure where the next color was exactly going to be.  The side of the building that the sign resides on has been painted over multiple times and shows the wear and tear of weather as shown in the pics below.


Parts of the sign are actually the same green as some of the painted wall.  I've carved away some of the brick work as well as partial bricks in hopes of showing left over paint.  I'm printing the brick color which will also be used for the painted "La Rose" lettering.  Just hesitating on this one while I make sure that I'm doing exactly what I want to.  Hoping to get in printed soon, but the minis and the landscape come first.

Also looking for additional ideas for more mini prints.  I have a lot of reference photos so hopefully I'll get some good ideas soon.  Have an idea for a landscape as well in these....it's just so small that it concerns me to try to it.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #linoprint #reductionprint #minilino #ShakeShack #M #YMCA #LaRoseShop #printingprocesses


No comments: