Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The pink Flamingo

Flamingo - 8x6" - 5 color reduction lioncut

I'm down to only 1 color left for the neon Flamingo.  This piece has worked out better than anticipated.  I altered my registration unit to be more like the one I use for unmounted linoleum and for some reason...it just works.  I actually just realized the day while carving that I was actually down to a single color, that color being a cast shadow on the Flamingo itself.  I'm double checking my carving to make sure that I'm properly carving away the right areas.

Here is a quick picture of the inked block.  I should have the finished piece within a week..or maybe less.

I've also been carving away at the Ice Cream block.  Most of the block was pretty straight forward when it came to carving, but then all of a sudden I found myself confused by what needed carved in the actual swirled part of the sign.  I have it color coordinated and everything...and yet still I ran into many moments of indecision.  I wound up putting the actual image on my computer screen and zoomed in on whatever area I was currently working on.  Very excited to get this moving onto the next step.

On a side note, I've discovered that the ice cream neon sign at Disney's California Adventure has been removed to make way for the new Pixar theme.

Well, this is a pretty small and basic update...nothing to much has happened since the last one, but figured I'd at least share the Flamingo.  I'm also preparing to submit a couple works to some local exhibitions that are coming up.  Still kicking around which pieces are going to be involved and which aren't.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #printingprocess #neon #flamingo #icecream

No comments: