Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Flo's - Sky Blue printed

Flo's - 12x16" Reduction Linocut - Sky Blue

Welcome back everyone!

Been a bit slow of a time for myself and I'm hoping with the passing of the July 4th holiday here in the United States that my regular day job will lighten up slightly and I'll get a little time to more on my piece.

I also ran into an issue where I ordered some ink that I really needed and wound up having my order cancelled....I'm not sure what happened to it, but the amount of the order was charged and then refunded to my credit card with no explanation.  I didn't want to get double charged so I waited a week just to make sure that it wouldn't show back up on my credit card....and it didn't.

The ink arrived this past Tuesday and by Thursday I had printed the sky color for the Flo's piece.  I'm not sure if it was the heat for the day, which was over 90 degrees, but the ink was acting a little funny and I wound up having to print the color twice.  The final result is very nice and the ink coverage is incredible.


I was happy to get the piece printed that I took this larger block with me to work the next couple days and worked on carving it while on my breaks.  Very little got done the first day, but the second day I put a little more effort in and completed carving away the sky by the end of my shift.  Ready to print the next color as soon as it dries.

I also have a few pieces that I'm starting to work on as well of various sizes.  Hopefully I'll be able to move forward with these in the near future.

#art, #printmaking, #linocut, #reductionlinocut, #reductionprint, #flos, #disney, #cars, #carsland, #californiaadventure, #pixar

No comments: