Thursday, July 5, 2018

Picking back up on Green Street

 
Green Street - Red house....???...waitaminute....

So after quite a while away from this piece, I decided today to just forge ahead with it.  Next up the highlighted red house.  I'm not sure that this is the proper color to go with next, but I really want to get these houses done.

I was busy printing and had Star Wars: The Last Jedi playing in the background...I know, I know...it's not that great of a movie, but unlike many I can actually watch it multiple times and not be offended by how things turned out for that movie.

Anyhow...as you can see from the above shots the dark side had some influence on the process.

I was in the middle of the scene where Kylo Ren and Luke square off against each other and was partially watching/printing.  I put the block down on the press bed properly, but was more focused on the movie when I placed the paper down.  DOH!!!  It's been quite a while since I've made one of these goofs.  It actually caught me so off guard that I actually laughed at myself.

This small error obviously shrinks the edition number of the final pieces.  Whoops.  The color did turn out better than I expected so hopefully with this new success on this piece I'll be able to push ahead and start to finalize this piece.


My "a" print was also accepted into a local show where I live so I also spent the morning framing up this piece for the show.  Excited to have two pieces in different shows (Diner is the other one).
There are also a couple of other shows coming up that I plan on submitting too.  Hopefully this will be the year where I manage to get myself into 4+ shows.  So far the most I've been accepted to is 2.

#art, #printmaking, #linocut, #reductionlinocut, #reductionprint, #reliefprint, #printingprocess, #exhibition, #residentialart, #greenstreet, #lightandshadow, #houses


No comments: