Wednesday, July 25, 2018

New updates for Flo's and Green Street


Flo's - Printed Grey Layer

This past Saturday, even though I had a lot of other things non-art related to do, I pushed myself to get at least something done this week.  I mixed up the first grey layer for Flo's and printed the 7th layer.

I mixed up a considerable amount of ink so that when I print the next layer all that I will need to do is add some additional black to the color to darken it up.  Registration has still continued to be spot on with this piece.  Though it appears that the paper may have stretched a little recently due to the amount of humidity that we've had this summer.  

I have also carved the block and I'm now prepared to print the darker shadow grey.  This will probably have to wait until sometime next week.  My wife's birthday is this coming weekend and I'll be spending my time with her, but at least I'll be completely ready to go when the time comes.

 
Green Street - Shadow Red

I actually started my day printing this piece.  I seem to be getting closer to the end with this piece.  I estimate that I need another 5-6 colors.  I like the contrast of the red and I'm becoming somewhat excited for this piece again.  I'm not entirely sure which color comes next, but I think it might be the shadow green color for the trees, bushes and grass.  I ordered some new ink recently and it should up soon and I may wind up using one of them for the shadow green color.

That's pretty much it for this week.  I just got some paper for the restarted Ice Cream print so I'll be working at tearing that down to size soon and getting a start on that piece as well.  I also have two smaller pieces that have both been transferred to linoleum and I'm preparing for a new large piece (16.5x33").  My etching press can only handle 17x34" so I wanted to print something close to that size.  Stay tuned!!  

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #reductionprint #neon #residential #flos #disney #pixar #californiaadventure #disneyland #carsland #cars #houses #street #Greenstreet #Greensburg #PA 


No comments: