Thursday, February 11, 2016

F U - Fuel and Fuddle - New Linocut!!


F U - 8x10 reduction linocut preparation.

Wanted to finish printing the Oaks Theater today, but it's very, very cold outside (it's 13 degrees right now) and since I usually open a window and use a fan to draw the fumes out I figured today may not be the best day to do do.

Instead I started working on a new reduction print.  Not sure what it'll eventually be titled, but for now it's just referred to by myself as F U.  I printed a cropped 8x10 version of a neon sign for a Pittsburgh restaurant called Fuel and Fuddle and traced it.  I also use my computer screen with the original image to help me decide where shadows are placed and where different details that don't always show through tracing paper are.

Below is a detail of the tracing process as well as a photo of the original sign for the restaurant.

 

#art #printmaking #pittsburgh #fuelandfuddle #neon #universityofpittsburgh #412

No comments: