Friday, February 5, 2016

Oaks Theater update #4billion!


Oaks Theater - Start to Finish
I finally have finished carving away the block for the Oaks Theater.  A final layer of ink on a couple of the prints is currently drying and once they are done then I will print the final color (black)!  I'm excited to finally finish this print up and it looks pretty good I think.

Started this project in May 2015 and it'll be exciting to finally finish it.  When working in the reduction method and being fairly new to printmaking there is no going back when mistakes are made.  The fear of messing up has cause me to procrastinate a lot on this particular print as well as the "B" neon print which is almost done as well.  Glad I've finally managed to push through that fear and work on this print fairly consistently.

No comments: