Saturday, March 18, 2017

One down and only one to go!!



Got to print the 2nd to last color the other day.  I printed a medium blue....not quite a true blue and not quite a dark blue.  This color is only partially seen on the edges of the round parts of the sign that hold the letters.  It is a reflection color off of the rest of the sign.  Those edges are blue, but with how the sun was shining down that day it managed to reflect back up onto those sides and gave me another color to work with.

I'm excited to get this piece finished.  I've put all my effort into getting this piece completed before starting any of my other projects.  I tend to get that way...I have multiple things going, but as soon as one nears completion I usually set the other ones aside and focus everything on that one particular piece (unless I'm really close to completing multiple projects...then I'll forge ahead with all of them).

I'm not sure what happened while printing this color, but I literally had it all over my hands.  I'm usually a fairly clean printer, but somehow this time I managed to get it on my knuckles, the back of my hands, my arms, palms....I have no idea what happened.  I'm usually good as keeping it contained to just a little on my fingertips.


Here's the final carving of the block.  It's all ready to go and even though it's only been a couple days the ink still has a light tack to it so I'm just going to wait it out and print it sometime next week....hopefully mid-week, but possibly next Saturday (EEKS!  That's a full week away!)

If it turns out to be Saturday, then I may actually just start the printing on the Green Street print that I have started.  It's only a light color and shouldn't take too much time to print since the brayer I use can cover that entire surface with 1 or 2 rolls.

Til next time!!

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #printingprocess #Diner #neon #sign #Somerset #PA #swpa #SummitDiner

No comments: