Friday, March 3, 2017

Sky Blue update for the Diner!


Not at a whole lot of photos for this update, but happily the sky blue for the Diner print has been printed.  I'm now down to 3 colors to print: a dark green, dark blue and black.  The registration kept mostly in line with what has already been printed which is good.

These last 3 colors I'm a little concerned about though.  They are all very dark colors and I'm worried that the dark blue and the black will actually be so close in color that there will be no noticeable change where they meet.  I may lighten up the dark blue to a color that will contrast better with the black.  The dark green is merely the shadow areas on the already green printed area on the print.

I can actually feel the end of this print coming up and it makes me want to continue printing, but the light blue needs some time to dry first.....patience.

Just prior to writing this post, I finished carving the light blue areas away so I'm practically ready to go now.

I've also torn down paper for the Green Street print and the La Rose Shop.  Trying to figure out if I want to print the La Rose Shop normally (not attached to anything) or if I want to mount it to a board as I've done with the Green Street.  Guess I'll see how I'm feeling when that time comes.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #Diner #Somerset #PA #neon #sign

No comments: