Tuesday, September 20, 2016

American Sign Museum - Cincinnati, OH

My wife and I recently took some time to travel around to some cities near us that we'd never visited before.  We went to both Cincinnati, OH and Indianapolis, IN.

We discovered that Cincinnati had a sign museum and since I've been working on a lot of projects involving signs we decided to go and spend some time there.  Though it's a bit small the amount of signage and neon that they have is incredible.  They have older bulb signs, letters, neon and about any other types of signage that has been used.  Areas of the building and constructed to look like old streets and storefronts which is pretty cool and inside the windows are additional signs as well as old sign making materials.

It was a really nice location and if you happen to be in the Cincy area I would highly recommend stopping by to check it out.  Below are some pics that I took while on our visit.

Was hoping to get some printing started this week, but so far work has been fairly rough this week and I started a new work schedule.  So far this week I've already gotten 38 in 3 days and still have some more to work.  I've basically been going to work, sleeping and going back with no time in between to do any kind of art.  Going to shoot for Saturday to get some printing started and it'll probably be the Hi-Land Dodge piece.


 
 
  

 

 


#art #neon #signs #AmericanSignMuseum #HowardJohnsons #MailPouch #Firestone #Ohio #Cincinnati #vacation #HolidayInn

No comments: