Friday, September 30, 2016

Diner printing update


Started printing the yellow background for the Diner print yesterday morning.  Used the new Hansa Yellow that I bought and it's still very tacky and thick.  Decided to push forward anyhow and pulled 5 prints.  Since it's my first time printing an unmounted piece of lino I had to play around with the pressure.

My previous problems have made it easy to avoid printing, but I really wanted to get this thing rolling so I jumped right into it.  The thickness of the ink is still making it tough on me and the transfer of the ink wasn't always great.  I would play with the pressure as I went and found that if I wound it too tight than the registration tabs that I bought would pull and warp the holes that the pins went through.  If I loosened the pressure then the holes were fine, but the ink transfer was questionable.

I'm going to add some transparent ink to the yellow to try and change it's consistency and then apply more think to the plate than I was in hopes that both will cause a good transfer without having to keep the press too tight.

On another note...one of the registration tabs that I taped to the paper came off....sigh.  That one will now be my test print.  Ugh...haha.


#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #Diner #neon #sign #yellow

No comments: