Sunday, October 23, 2016

Blick999 press finally in place!


After a little over a week sitting on a dolly I finally got my press up onto my new table.  Had my wife help me lift the thing so I didn't kill myself.  I'm very, very excited to have this up and ready to go...now all I need to is to come up with an appropriately sized project to do.  I'd like to do a larger print as my first one for this press, but since my rollers aren't very large I'm second guessing that thought.

My current projects (Diner and Hi-Land Dodge) are both under way on my older press.  I'm not sure that I want to switch presses with them since the other press is already set to a good pressure for the Hi-Land Dodge.   The Ternes Burton registration pins are already in place on another press bed for the Diner print so it can't really be moved to this press either.

I do have some ideas for this one though.  I have a Holiday Inn sign from the American Sign Museum in Cincinnati and a couple landscapes that I'm considering.  I recently saw a new reduction lino from an artist of a landscape and it blew me away so I've gotten excited about creating a landscape.  I also would like to do some urban-ish plein air styled lino.  I've always been a major fan of artists who do paintings of houses and streets of houses and on occasion see really good shots when the sun seems to be just right and the shadows are in the perfect places.

The way this week looks...Thursday should give me some time to print the next color for the Hi-Land Dodge lino.  I've been slowly going over the block looking for areas that I may have missed when I last carved it, but so far it looks okay.  I'm sure after I print I'll find several spots I missed, but hopefully they won't be anything major.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #etchingpress #Blick999 #DickBlick #updates

No comments: