Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Carving away! Hi-Land Dodge


Been carving away the light grey areas of the Hi-Land Dodge block for the last couple days.  Some of the areas are very small and somewhat intricate.  I'm mostly trapped into using only the smallest cutter that I have.  In some areas I've been able to use a larger gouge to clear out some areas, but mostly it's a little here and a little there with a little more here and then there.

I think so far so good though.  It seems that my coloring different areas different colors has certainly helped me out, but I've come across some areas where it seems I missed marking them.  In a couple areas they should've been in the initial carving and should've been the paper color, but now they are the first light grey color.  Not a big issue really and no one will really know which ones were missed.  As I look at it now, I've already forgotten where the areas were.

 

In some of these areas I have to be very careful.  When carving, the lino has a tendency to break away if the area being left behind is very small.  I've made a very conscious effort to not have that happen and so far so good.  Hoping to have this piece ready to print by Saturday morning.

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #dodge #truck #Hi-Land #Utah #ZionNationalPark #TradingPost #carving


No comments: