Saturday, October 15, 2016

No printing today....but, I've been reworking where I work.


So my original plan was to have carved away the rest of the Hi-Land Dodge block and to be printing today.  That hasn't quite worked out.  My new etching press arrived Tuesday and it took me quite a while to get it inside by myself.  It weighs almost 200 pounds and the crate was another 30 or so.

I realized that where I planned to put it would not hold up under it's weight so I spent all of Wednesday driving around to various used/re-purposed furniture locations around me and in the end wound up at IKEA.  The table pictured above I found as I was getting ready to buy a much smaller table (for 2) - this is a 4 person table and was on clearance for $10 more.

Got it home and realized that I needed to do a complete room makeover in order to fit it anywhere into the room.  I literally spent all day Thursday playing switch-a-roo and making a massive disaster before finally starting to get things back together so there was no time for carving in the last couple days.  The press will take up the entire end of that table and since the table is pine, I'm probably going to have to buy some sort of wooden base for the press....otherwise it may sink into the soft pine surface.

I'm getting ready to do some carving today and I'll probably take the block with me to work tomorrow to work on it some more.

No comments: