Friday, April 17, 2015

Lily Pad continuation




Lily Pad Reduction Prints - 4x6 on 8x10 paper
These are the next group of prints from my Lilypad reduction block.  There are still 2 colors to print so they are not even close to being completely finished.  The bottom print was the inital series I printed and then I didn't like the color of the flower so I reprinted it blue (middle).  The top image is from the initial printing and I somehow forgot to carve out the flower....whoops.  I've decided to just continue printing all the prints even if they were somehow goofed.

So far the bottom one is my favorite even though it was in the initial goof series.  I wanted the flower to be blue (like the middle one), but I had printed yellow first.  When I went to print blue over the yellow...it wasn't opaque like I thought it would be and I got this one color green flower.  I was disappointed and reprinted it from scratch starting with blue....and of course I think the blue is not dark enough and the detail of the petals is completely lost because of it.


No comments: