Thursday, April 16, 2015

A little about my screenprinting setup.



Cheddar Popcorn - Work in Progress shots

This is my silkscreen setup.  It's a board that I got out of the clearance section at Ikea that has a nice smooth finish on it which makes it real easy to clean up.  I bought a set of Speedball hinges that I secure on screens into and then use a lot of tape for registration purposes.

There is also a sheet of mylar (not shown) that is taped down to the bottom of the board.  Before any printing on paper occurs, I pull a print onto the mylar and then slide the paper underneath so that I can register where the paper should sit.  In this case, I pulled the yellow background onto the mylar and then positioned the paper to where I wanted it underneath.  I then used painters tape to create a registration area so that I just needed to lay the paper in to quickly pull the next print.

No comments: