Saturday, April 4, 2015

Waterlilies - 4x6 Reduction Print


I'm interested in creating a large 18x24 linoleum reduction print of waterlillies, but I'm not exactly sure that I want to spend all that time on something that I'm unsure of the outcome on.  The other night I decided that I would make a smaller 4x6 version with less detail.

I used Photoshop to crop down an image that I had from the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and then printed it out.  I then traced the image with a 4B pencil, placed it onto of the block (tracing side down) and ran it through the press.  Afterwards I trace the image in Sharpie marker so that it won't disappear on me during the reduction cleaning process.  I was so into it that night that I also carved away all of the white sections (paper color).  Hoping to get at the least the lightest color printed today, but since Easter is tomorrow and I have cleaning to do....I don't know.

No comments: