Thursday, March 24, 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy....


 

Today I got to print the next color on the FU block.  This color represents the lighter section of the outside neon tubes that outline the sign itself.  I think overall it's looking pretty good.  I did make a major mistake while printing and I'm concerned it's going to cause me lots of trouble later on.

I have a support that I put at the end of the block so that the paper has something to rest on rather than hang over the edge.  On top of it are 2 loose pieces of unmounted linoleum.  I wasn't completely paying attention and somehow one of the pieces made it's way on top of the block.  When I ran it through the press it got tight, but I couldn't see any issues (paper was in the way and half way through the press).  I made the massive mistake of continuing to push it through.  My block now has an indention where the unmounted lino sat on top.  Hoping I can find a way to fill it in....it's not a large spot, but big enough to bother me.


I also finally got the red finished on the Heinz block.  The ink stayed wet fairly long and that caused some delay in this piece.  I'm currently waiting for the freshly printed red to dry and then I can continue.  I dig already carve away the Heinz logo so that I'm ready to go when it dries.


I also printed the OT block today as well.  This color is the normal neon tubing color.  I got to try my new registration jig that I created.  I think it's going to take some getting used to.  The block fits nicely into the corner, but something about it just seem different....not sure what yet, but I'm sure I'll discover it when I print the next color.  If the registration is off, then I'll know something is totally wrong...if not...then my worrying is for nothing.



No comments: