Monday, March 7, 2016

Hello to new colors!!!


 
I'm feeling very accomplished and proud of myself today.  I mixed the 3rd color for the neon tubing and printed it this morning.  I wasn't sure about the color at first, but didn't want to go to dark so I printed what I thought was going to be good and I'm so thrilled that I stopped.

Above are the actual print with the 3rd color applied, the proof of the color (bottom left) and the block before printing (bottom right).


These are the color swatches I was making while mixing the ink.  I started with the yellow that was used for the 2nd color and started adding in small increments of purple/violet .  For those who don't know, if you want to dull out a color you merely need to add it's complimentary color from the color wheel.

 

Here are some pics of the process.  The left picture is the plate that is all inked up.  I recently bought that brayer in the background and I'm constantly wondering why I didn't pay the $40 sooner.  Probably the best $40 I've ever spent.  

The picture on the right is of my plate placed onto the printing bed and placed into the registration jig and ready for the registration pins to put in and the paper placed.






No comments: