Wednesday, March 16, 2016

From the darkest shadows!!!


Printed the darkest shadow on the neon tube this morning.  It is slightly darker than I anticipated, but I'm not unhappy with it either so I decided to just keep with it.  I think it'll really pop once I start getting the other colors added on.

So far the registration has been spot on so I'm pretty proud of myself and each time I print I get more nervous that I'm going to miss.  I still have 5 or 6 colors to go so there is still a lot of time for messing something up.  I've become very careful though about how I'm placing the block before putting the paper down and so far it's done very well.


This is the color proof that I printed first.  I had gotten away from doing proofs I think simply because I was being lazy.  Decided to start doing them again and realized quickly that I should've never stopped with them.  They not only allow me to see exactly how it's going to print first, but it also allows the block to get ink all over it allowing for much better prints from that point on.  If you look closely at this one you can see where the ink didn't sit well.

Have to rip some paper today to prepare for my next 2 prints that I've got started in the pipeline.

No comments: