Friday, March 4, 2016

Busy Day!

 


Fuel and Fuddle - FU block, neon color print and value scale

Got to print the 2nd color for the FU print today.  Had to create a value scale and add a lot of yellow to make the difference in light-ish yellow noticeable.  I'm getting ready to shortly start carving the neon tubing so that I can print the first of the shadows for the tubing.

Also....

 

Printed 3 different reds over my 2 greys and black stripes.  I used a Speedball oil-based Red and Gamblins Napthol and Quinacridone Reds.  So far the Speedball gave more of the results that I was looking for.  Considering getting the Daniel Smith red before they are all gone.  If I don't then I'll probably have to print a layer of white before proceeding to print the red.  The Heinz logo is bright red and in no case did I get that color, so I guess I'll have to try and figure this out.

Have a show I want to submit the Heinz Field logo into so I can't wait too long to figure out a fix for it.

No comments: