Sunday, June 10, 2012

Medium:  2B Pencil on Strathmore 60lb Paper      Size:  6.25 x 8.5

This is a farmery-type character that I developed one day at Jeannette High School while on my prep period.  I was finishing up when the next class came and they seemed awe struck at the shading...which I thought was the most insignificant part =/

I really liked his overall movement and I don't normally shade my characters, but since I had the time I just went with it.  I think I had forgotten over time how bad a 2B pencil can smudge.  I'm very careful with my art, but when the students asked to see it, I guess I didn't consider that they would not handle it like me.  Thats what they make erasers for though =D.

This piece has 5 layers of sprayable fixative and still lightly smudges.  Sheesh.

No comments: