Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Medium: Graphite on Sketch Book Paper          Size:6x7

This is another house done on Pittsburghs South Side on 28th Street.  It's a tall 3 story house with aging brick.  It sits besides a pottery studio/shop and I was sitting around waiting to meet someone and had the time so I decided to make a quick sketch of the house.

It's probably one of the very few houses that actually has off street parking in this particular neighborhood.  There are a few other houses, but not many, it has a steeple like piece to the front corner and a couple of the windows have stained glass designs in them.  Perhaps this coming week, I'll try to draw the front of the house, I just found the verticals, horizontals and diagonals of this view to be rather interesting so I cut off the rest of the house.

No comments: