Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Diner - 10 color reduction linocut - 10 x 22" - update


Been very busy today working on various projects.  I printed and also traced the entire "Diner" print that I want to work on.  It's my birthday week and I took a large portion of the week off and I was really hoping to get some art done.  Work has been slightly stressful for no real reason lately and I'm glad that I decided to take the time off and do this stuff.

Below is a detail of the "E" from the tracing as well as the color list that I've compiled.  I could actually make it 11 colors, but I'm unsure.  If I chose to make it so then there will be a dark blue that will be printed 2nd to last.  Not sure that it's totally necessary so for now I'm sticking with 10 and if I decide differently later then I've got plenty of time to make that decision.

 

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #neon #diner #summitdiner #somerset #pennsylvania 

No comments: