Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Harley Davidson Las Vegas "Cafe" - First color printed


Printed the first color of the "Cafe" print from the Las Vegas Harley Davidson Cafe this morning.  Wanted to get it printed before the upcoming days of mid to high 90's with high humidity.  This color is for the initial neon tubing color located in the "Cafe".  It's a little darker than I initially intended, but not as dark as it looks here (the paper is a bright white).  A slightly darker pass will come next to give the neon tubing some dimension by adding a shadow.

I made a total of 12 prints for this edition.  Out of those 12, 1 will be an Artist Proof and as long as nothing goes terribly wrong the other 11 will be available for shows and possible future sales.

 

Here are some detail shots of a couple of the letters and how they look at this point.
I have an idea that this piece is going to wind up being more colors than I would like, but we'll see how things progress.  I usually plan for a certain number of colors and then as I print the colors I see other things that I would like to have happen.

No comments: