Sunday, July 31, 2016

Got my registration pins!!


My registration pins came in the mail the other day and I'm really excited to try them out.  Turns out my hole punch isn't 1/4", but instead is 9/32's.  (??)  The registration pins do come with these awesome little tabs though that can be attached to the paper.

Not much work has gotten done recently due to work, the weather (heat and humidity) and my birthdays for both my wife and I.  My ink seems to act funny on days that are super hot (low-mid 90's) and have high humidity.  Even with an air-conditioner running at it's lowest setting doesn't seem to offset the heat.  Plus I have to close all the windows and you're supposed to do this kind of work in a well ventilated area.

The temps are supposed to be falling this week though with lower humidity so this should be a good week to get things started up again.  I really want to redo the Cafe color (just not happy with the initial light grey - just too dark for me) and I'm really excited to get to work on the "Diner" piece.  I would like to submit both pieces to an upcoming exhibition, but I only have until September 1st to have them both completed.  That's a tight deadline for someone with a full time job.  I'll probably wind up using my cobalt drier to try and push things along.

Wish me luck. =D

#art #printmaking #linocut #reductionlinocut #ternesburton #registrationpins #readytogetprinting

No comments: