Monday, April 4, 2016

Back on the horse!


Initially I was going to use the light purple of the neon tubing as the color for the clear(ish) glass pieces that hold the neon tubing off of the surface of the sign.  After looking at it, I decided that it was too purple for my liking and so I decided to add another color to this project.  I mixed up a light grey and printed that over top of the purple...as you can see it still allows some of the color beneath it to show through.

I'm hoping that the addition of this color doesn't prevent me from entering this piece in a local upcoming exhibition, but I can always start using driers in the ink if I feel I'm not going to get it done on time.

 

After printing the light grey on the Fuel and Fuddle (FU) piece I started altering the grey into a much darker grey for the next color on the Heinz Field logo piece.  The ink is ready, but unfortunately today didn't turn out to be the day I got to print.  Had some errands to run this morning and other things to do before getting ready for work.  Hoping to print tomrrow - and I can definitely say that I'm terrified of printing this color.  Thinking I should've held off with the red.....if registration goofs up even slightly the red will show all over the print and just not where it should be.

#art #printmaking #ink #reductionprint
#pittsburgh #412 #fuelandfuddle #universityofpittsburgh #neon 


No comments: