Thursday, April 28, 2016

Look who's done!!! Heinz Field Logo - Final



Heinz Field - 8x10 - 7 Color Reduction Print

Above is the completed print for the Heinz Field logo that I've been working on.  Probably the most successful registration that I've had on all the prints I'm working on.
As with most prints I've made though, it was yet another learning process.  It had it's issues and getting that final dark grey to print took considerably longer than the other colors, but with the help of some masking I managed to get what I wanted.


The lack of surface area to ink always gets me at the end and I have to slow down and watch that the edges don't get too over-inked.  I always prefer using a larger brayer, but usually in these cases it's not the best option.  Wound up having to use a 2 inch brayer for the final color and place down masks to prevent any previously carved areas that got ink on them from printing.

Once these are dry, they will be photographed and prepared for some local art exhibitions.  Hoping to get them in at least 1 of them.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionprint #Heinz #HeinzField #Pittsburgh #PittsburghSteelers #Steelers


No comments: