Sunday, May 8, 2016

Going to revisit an old friend.


Shortly after learning to do reduction linocuts I started to create a neon "M" from a vintage YMCA sign in Pittsburgh, PA.  Shortly into creation the project was cut short because the Sharpie lines had washed off (a problem I've never had).  I was a little upset because from what I had, the project was looking pretty good.  I had had issues with the inks I was using and really didn't like how they were laying on the paper and on top of each other.  Now that I've gotten a really good oil-based red I think I'm ready to give this one a go again....only larger.

The last attempt was 4x6 and this time I want to make an 8x10 out of it instead.  Tracing for this piece should begin sometime this week and the transfer to the block will occur shortly thereafter.

#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionprint #YMCA #M #neon #nextproject

No comments: