Thursday, May 26, 2016

Dark Violet and 2 colors to go!



Decided after some issues that I've been having with this print to just go ahead and print the next color which was dark violet.  The color creates the shadow areas on the violet neon tubing.  It did seem to print okay, but there was some slight movement and it's registration on almost all prints is just off slightly.  I don't think it's too bad, but when shooting for perfect registration it does kind of drive me crazy.

I only have 2 colors to go - a light blue for the sky and a dark, dark grey for the glass pieces that hold the neon tubing off the surface of the sign.  I will be honest that I do not know what they are actually called.

The block is already carved down as well and is ready to go once this ink dries.


#art #printmaking #linocut #lino #reductionlinocut #neon #neonsign #FuelandFuddle #PittsburghPA #FU


No comments: