Thursday, May 19, 2016

Back to work

 

These two have been waiting some time to be worked on.  The one of the left is an 8x10 Lilypad image that I used for a smaller 4x6 test print a year or so ago.  It worked out well enough that I wanted to give a larger version a try.  I also like that it's completely different than what I normally do.

The right side is of the "OT" from a motel sign.  Added in the second color finally.  I took some time off from this one because I've been focusing in on the "FU" piece so much.  I was also very unsure of the registration with this piece.  This piece happened to be the first one created my new registration jig which allows for pieces larger than 8x10.  The "OT" piece is 9x12 and I'm happy to say that registration was pretty good - not perfect, but definitely not bad.  I've also already carved away the printed sections of this piece so it's ready to go as soon as this ink dries.

#art #printmaking #lino #linocut #reductionprint #neon #violet #waterlillies

No comments: